About Our Toys
At Bird Supply of New Hampshire we create toys that both you and your birds will enjoy. Our philosophy is: if we won't give a toy to our birds then we won't sell that toy to you.
We have chosen the highest quality materials available such as:
- Zinc Free Metal - We use Stainless Steel for almost all hardware and only when it is not available we use Nickel Plated Hardware.
- Dye Free Wood - We feel that color can be added in many ways using plastic parts and Paulie Rope. We only use raw wood parts that have not been dyed or finished. We don't use dyes because we feel it is unecessary and that there are better ways to spark a bird's interest. Dyed toys are hard to clean and can also discolor your bird's feathers.
- Food Grade Wooden Ice Cream Sticks - We use the same sticks food manufacturers use in producing and serving frozen food products.
- Vegetable Tanned Leather - We choose leather that has not been treated with any chemicals.
- Plastic Parts - Plastic is used in many toys on the market today. It is a great way to add color without dyes. We use Marbella or Hard Plastic Beads, along with plastic chain and various acrylic parts to stimulate and attract your bird.
- Paulie Rope™ - This is a bird Safe Polyethylene rope that has been tested and proven safe and used by many toy manufacturers.
- Supreme Cotton Rope™ - This cotton rope is designed not to create long strands of thread that can trap or injure your bird.
Ways to Buy Our Toys
Our toys can be purchase in 4 ways:
- Complete - Our toy is ready to use out of the package.
- Kit - Many toys come in a kit form. This is for the bird owner who likes to make their own toys or create a project for their child.
- Replacement Parts - The goal of every toy is to get used. With this in mind you may purchase a replacement parts kit when you purchase your toys or when they need sprucing up. The birds will chew up the wood and untie the knots, why not rebuild the toy for more birdy fun.
- Gift Wrapped - With the holidays approaching or maybe just a birdy birthday we can gift wrap your toy in Bird Safe, undyed paper with a Paulie Rope Bow. You may then place the new toy in your pets cage and let your bird have a party unwrapping it's own present.
Note: We do our utmost to produce Bird Safe toys, the toys are tested on our own birds. No matter what precautions we take, each bird owner is ultimately responsible for their pets and monitoring the condition of toys over time.